There are a handful of new features for developers in 2022.4.
- Integration Type: Integrations can now mark themselves as helper.
- Backup platform: Integrations can now pause work during a backup by implementing the new backup platform.
- hidden_by in entity registry: Entities can now be hidden via the entity registry. These entities should default to not be included when exposing entities to an external UI like voice assistants.
- New and updated selectors: We added a bunch of new selectors to be used in blueprints, services.yaml, and config flows.
- Selectors in backend flows: You can now use the
selectorhelper in your config flows. It is configured and renders just like selectors in services.yaml/blueprints.
- ha-form context: Context is a new way to allow selectors to be dynamically configured based on values from other fields. Currently only available for the attribute selector.
- config flow helper text for fields: Config flow fields can now have a description.
- Schema Config Flow helper: New helper to create config flows based on a config schema. Example implementation
- Show Menu step: This new step in a data entry flow shows a menu to the user.
- Fan speed: We introduced a new format and this transition is now completed.
- Device State Attributes: Backwards compatibility support for this property has been removed after being deprecated since Home Assistant 2021.4. Use
- Cameras without width/height: The compatbility layer for cameras without width/height has been removed.
- Calendar offset: Calendar method signatures for
is_offset_reachedhave changed, in preparation for typing improvements in Calendar, and potential simplification of offsets more generally.