The Integration Quality Scale scores each integration based on the code quality and user experience. Each level of the quality scale consists of a list of requirements. If an integration matches all requirements, it's considered to have reached that level.
Suggestions for changes can be done by creating an issue in the architecture repo.
This integration passes the bare minimum requirements to become part of the index.
- Satisfy all requirements for creating components and creating platforms.
- Configurable via
This integration is able to cope when things go wrong. It will not print any exceptions nor will it fill the log with retry attempts.
- Connection/configuration is handled via a component.
- Set an appropriate
SCAN_INTERVAL(if a polling integration)
PlatformNotReadyif unable to connect during platform setup (if appropriate)
- Handles expiration of auth credentials. Refresh if possible or print correct error and fail setup. If based on a config entry, should trigger a new config entry flow to re-authorize.
- Handles internet unavailable. Log a warning once when unavailable, log once when reconnected.
- Handles device/service unavailable. Log a warning once when unavailable, log once when reconnected.
Falseif appropriate (docs)
- Entities have unique ID (if available) (docs)
This is a solid integration that is able to survive poor conditions and can be configured via the user interface.
- Configurable via config entries.
- Don't allow configuring already configured device/service (example: no 2 entries for same hub)
- Tests for the config flow
- Discoverable (if available)
- Entities have device info (if available) (docs)
- States are translated in the frontend (text-based sensors only, docs)
- Tests for reading data from/controlling the integration (docs)
- Has a code owner (docs)
Best of the best. The integration is completely async, meaning it's super fast. Integrations that reach platinum level will require approval by the code owner for each PR.
- Set appropriate
- Support config entry unloading (called when config entry is removed)
- Integration + dependency are async
- Uses aiohttp and allows passing in websession (if making HTTP requests)
Integrations which are part of Home Assistant are not rated but marked as internal.